Reveal beautiful, glowing skin!
What is Epidermal Levelling?
Epidermal Levelling or dermaplaning as it is sometimes also known, is a safe, pain-free, effective skin treatment that offers even and deep exfoliation of the skin. It improves the texture of the skin, reduces fine, downy facial hair and assists with penetration of active skin products, making it is an excellent skin preparation for peels. It may also be a stand alone procedure for brightening the skin’s appearance
During an Epidermal Levelling session our beauty therapists use a specially designed instrument that gently and safely scrapes dead skin cells from your face, removing slightly more than micro-dermabrasion treatment can. As well as removing dull skin cells it also has the advantage of removing any annoying fine, fuzzy facial hair.
To maintain the appearance of great skin, Epidermal Levelling may be performed every 5 to 6 weeks. Arrange a FREE consultaion with our specialist to discuss what areas can be treated and ask any further questions. Email Us or call 07 571 2183
- Effectively removes top layers of dead skin cells
- Leaves skin smooth and glowing
- No downtime
- Removes vellus hair
- No harsh effects of waxing
- Safe for all Fitzpatrick skin types
- Suitable for patients with telangiectasia
- Physical Method
- No Pain
- No chemicals
- Can treat pregnant/lactating women
- Therapist has complete control
- Instant result and feel
- Level playing field – even Cell proliferation
- Ideal pre event – smooth even makeup application
- No prep needed for majority of skin types
- Treat on demand
- Great pre treatment prior to: Enzyme, Clay and Hydrating Masks, Oxygen Treatments, Lactic Acid Peels, Vitamin Peels
- Evens skin texture and reduces hyperkeratinised buildup
- Thins and compacts Stratum Corneum
- Increases absorption of active products
- Assists in reducing blocked follicles and milia
- Increases firmness and elasticity
- Minimises fine lines/wrinkles
- Minimises sun damage and hyperpigmentation
Hair type & re-growth:
Removing facial hair by Epidermal Levelling does not encourage more hair growth
Vellus hair: Soft, fine peach fuzz, consistency remains the same after Epidermal Levelling.
Terminal hair: course, thick, more firm hair located on legs, underarms, men’s beard area and sometimes on women’s face area. Remains the same after Epidermal Leveling. The hair can be too strong to be effective.
*Note: Facial hair will re-grow in the same pattern post Epidermal Leveling as it was originally. Usually replaced within 2–4 weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows. This can differ slightly with each client.